Dental Implants offer a wide range of benefits:
- Your teeth will look and feel natural, providing a confident smile
- Elimination of discomfort or soreness some experience with ordinary dentures or bridges
- No slipping, allowing you to speak and eat normally
- Missing teeth can affect what foods or drinks you can consume, which can lead to poor nutrition and overall health
- Your bite can also be affected, causing your teeth to line up improperly which can lead to possible jaw joint or other bite problems
- Your self-esteem can be reduced as well, if you feel self-conscious and worry about people noticing missing teeth
When a patient has lost all of his or her teeth but wants a better fit and more retention than traditional dentures allow, implant supported dentures can give them that stability. A limited number of implants are placed into the jawbone, and the denture fits snugly over the implants and a connector called an abutment.
Single tooth implants are used when one or more of patients teeth are missing. They offer the stability of a natural tooth root, and this is an excellent option for patients who do not wish to have a removable appliance. Standard implants can support crowns (to replace a single tooth) or bridges (missing adjacent teeth).
If you have missing teeth and want to discuss dental implant options, please contact Eastover Dental at (704) 842-3524 and let us help you regain your smile, not just for cosmetic reasons, but for the sake of your health as well.